The first Philippine Music Festival took place at SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds last Friday, January 30. More than 30 local artists gathered to perform and to celebrate the beauty of Original Pilipino Music. Some of the artists who performed were Bamboo, Sarah Geronimo, Kyla, Yeng Constantino, Ebe Dancel, 6cyclemind, Kamikazee, Parokya Ni Edgar, Sandwich, Noel Cabangon, Joey Ayala, Kitchie Nadal, Barbie Almalbis, Abra, Christian Bautista, Sam Concepcion, James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Andrew E, Urbandub, Woldgang, Paolo Valenciano, Gary Valenciano and more.
Thousands of OPM fans filled up the concert grounds while enjoying live music of their favorite bands and artists. While all of them performed really well, Urban Tribe has our own favorite performances. Here are our top 6:
6. James Reid & Nadine Lustre – The breakthrough loveteam from the “Diary ng Panget” surely made the crowd go “kilig” in their duet performance. Though the mic was not cooperating because half of Nadine’s performance was soundless, their presence alone made the fans go crazy.
5. Yeng Constantino – Yeng’s “Chinito” performance gave the crowd a breath of fresh air. Yeng was very cool and cute and jolly during her number. The background mtv integration on her number was also fun to watch.
4. Sam Concepcion – Sam gave us a live song and dance number and performed his hit single “Dati” which is one of my favorite songs last year. Sam impressed the crowd with his energetic dance moves with the Maneuvers. He is definitely going to be the next Gary V.
3. Sandwich – Sandwich will always be my favorite rockband. During their performance of Sugod & Betamax, almost everyone was up on their feet, jumping, waving and grooving with their music. It was one the highlights of the festival for me.
2. Sarah Geronimo – Sarah G. wowed the crowd with her “Ikot Ikot” performance. Sarah was very sexy that night wearing black sleeveless tights. She also performed a duet with her fellow The Voice PH coach Bamboo which was equally amazing to watch.
1. Bamboo –The crowd went crazy during his solo performances and his duet with Sarah G. Everybody knows “Hallelujah” by heart and eveyone was singing and screaming with Bamboo that night. Bamboo’s style of singing with so much passion definitely went through every OPM fans’ soul. It was a crazy performance and we enjoyed every moment of it.
Special mention to Kyla & 6cyclemind for dedicating their songs to the #Fallen44 of SAF. Good job guys! The event was hosted by MTV vjs and sponsored by Happee, Globe, Tanduay, and 711. (PC: Cuteeh Cath)